Sunday, May 20, 2007

More on my hideaway





The woodworking is done! I am so pleased to be past that huge milestone.

The final piece of the puzzle was the 16 1/3 foot long table I installed a week ago. I am now in the process of finishing it and the rest of the space - starting with shelves and doors.

Here are a series of pictures I took today.

The top one is a look down the office from the door. The big table on the right has consumed way too much time getting built, but there it is, with its second coat of finish drying on it. The book shelves on the floor down the middle are drying as well, having gotten a first coat on their second side.

I got a sprayer for the water-based poly I am using on all the pine. The table is getting oil-based stuff, which is a little more difficult to apply, but gives a better finish in my opinion.

The next one looks down on the table and shows how the wood just glows with an inner beauty. This is the reason I love woodworking -- polishing up a little of God's creation and realizing that the real artist is not me at all!

The next one shows the far end of the table, and the last one is looking down the length of it, and still only captures about three fourths of the whole thing.

I am really looking forward to getting the finish up and moving on to putting up lighting and getting carpet installed. Then I can move in!

I'll post some more pics when we get there.

3 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

that looks very nice! so kim-marie is kicking you out of the rest of the house?

9:31 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I don't think so. On the other hand, she has been encouraging me to keep up the work....

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! Very impressive.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home